Friday, March 28, 2014

E.L.F Stipple Brush Travel Set Review

e.l.f Stipple Brush Travel Set
I got these brushes last week and I was really excited to try these out!  They work as well as the brushes from the E.L.F Studio Line. The travel set  retails about $15, but if you purchase it during one of E.L.F's sales you can definitely get it for less.

The travel set includes:
      -Stipple Brush
      -Small Stipple Brush
      -Eyeshadow Stipple Brush
      -Tapered Stipple Brush
      - Makeup Bag




_________________________________________________________________________________________________

All the brushes work pretty well, but I find that for me they work best for other uses.

e.l.f Stipple Brush Travel Set

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

e.l.f Stipple Brush
Personally, I felt that the Stipple Brush is not dense enough. When I was apply foundation, the bristles were to loose to get an even layer of foundation on my face. This brush is exactly the same as the E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush just shorter in size. I can still use this brush for my foundation, but I  definitely will need a second brush to apply my foundation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

e.l.f Small Stipple Brush
The Small Stipple Brush is just perfect. The bristles on this brush are closely compacted. This does work well for applying my foundation, but it is too small for the face. I really do not mind that, so I will be using it either for my liquid foundation or my blush. I own the E.L.F's Cream Blushes and I find that the brush is small enough to fit in the pot and grab some product.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

e.l.f Eyeshadow Stipple Brush
The Eyeshadow Stipple Brush works best as a concealer brush. The brush is flat and small enough to get the area under the eyes. This brush still works well as an eyeshadow brush, but only with cream eye-shadows.

*When I use the stipple brushes with any powdery products like eye-shadows, pressed powder, or powdery blushes the product releases a lot of excess powder and doesn't grab on to the brush. It is best to use any stipple brushes with liquid or cream products.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

e.l.f Tapered Stipple Brush
Finally, the Tapered Stipple Brush works as a tapered brush. This brush blends eyeshadow, but I like fluffy and fuller brushes for blending brushes. I feel that it blends, but it rubs the product off.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________



The bag is useful for traveling. At first the bag had a really strong smell of plastic, but as the days go by I find that it does not smell so strong.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pros: Inexpensive ( I paid $7.50)
         Versatile. You can use the brushes for multiple purposes.
          The brushes are not too small for a traveling kit
          These were easy to wash

Cons: The stipple brush is not as dense
           There was a little noticeable shedding
            The strong smell of plastic from the bag
            It is $15 regular price.

Overall grade 8/10
I would definitely purchase them again! However, I would only do so on sale. It is still not as expensive as other drugstore brushes, but for e.l.f you can get more for that price.

1 comment:

  1. We had read great reviews about the naturalist Michelle on board, which was a great enhancement to the cruise; טיולים מאורגנים לחו"ל

    ReplyDelete